5. Isn’t the SDA Church a cult because its distinctive doctrines were invented quite recently (i.e. last 150 years), rather than conform to ancient tradition?
6. Some Adventists do act in a cult-like manner though? What about the Seventh-day Adventist Reform Movement (SDARM)?
9. Are Seventh-day Adventists subject to some sort of authoritarian centralised control over their beliefs and actions, as is often found in modern-day cults?
13. Doesn’t the SDA Church prohibit its members from voting, running for office, siting on a jury, singing the national anthem or having anything to do with government or politics?
15. Isn’t the SDA Church a cult because it is cautious of ecumenicalism and will not join the World Council of Churches (WCC)?
19. Why does the SDA Church have all these distinctive beliefs – was it random or is there some sort of overall conceptual and theological framework?
23. Do Adventists claim they have ‘the truth’ and the SDA Church is the one true and exclusive Church?
29. Is it true that Adventists keep the seventh-day Sabbath by going to church on Saturday, even though it was only a Mosaic Law for the Jews, and done away with at the Cross?
30. Can’t Christians just keep any day as their Sabbath – doesn't the Bible teach 'today' replaces the seventh-day Sabbath?
32. Is it true that Adventists are legalists, who do not believe we are really saved by grace but by works?
33. Is it true that the SDA Church teaches eating ‘unclean meat’ such as pork is a sin, even though it is merely a Mosaic Law found in Leviticus?
35. Does the SDA Church teach that Ellen G White was a prophet, and that her words are more important, override or take precedence to the Bible?
37. Is it true that Ellen White is the founder of the SDA Church and introduced most of its ‘distinctive’ beliefs?
38. Did Ellen White (whilst alive) have effective control over the SDA Church in the same manner as many so-called ‘prophets’ do over cults today?
41. Is it true Ellen White taught some really crazy things, such as that Adventists should not ride bicycles?
43. Is it true that the SDA Church teaches that only literally 144,000 will go to heaven, and that only Adventists will go to heaven?
44. Is it true the SDA Church claimed Jesus was going to return in 1844, and have made many predictions about the date of Jesus’ return since, all of which have been incorrect?
45. Is it true the SDA Church teaches that Jesus’ 2nd coming has already happened, except that He came invisibly?
46. Is it true that Adventists nevertheless believe the date 1844 has some special significance – something about a pre-Advent Investigative Judgment?
50. Does believing in an Investigative Judgment mean Adventists do not believe the atonement was completed at the Cross?
Posted by Simon Falindan